MENU BY TOPICS
Upcoming Events for Catholics in Colorado
Instructions: How to use this calendar:
- Events are sorted by date, most recent first. To sort by ministry, click here.
- Click on the -category tag next event title to see all events related to that specific ministry or topic.
- Events listed under particular archdiocesan offices does not necessarily imply that office's sponsorship or endorsement
- To submit an event, see our event submission procedure [click here]
- To submit a correction, email email@example.com.
Back to all Calendar Events
ARCHBISHOP'S LECTURE SERIES: Christianity: Force for Fanaticism or Foundation of Freedom? by Timothy S. Shah, Ph. D.
Location: Bonfils Hall, John Paul II Center, 1300 S. Steele St., Denver, CO 80210
The popular Archbishop’s Lecture Series continues Tuesday, March 6 with a presentation titled “Christianity: Force for Fanaticism or Foundation of Freedom?” by political scientist Timothy S. Shah at 7 p.m. March 6 in Bonfils Hall of the John Paul II Center, 1300 S. Steele St. in Denver.
Shah is associate director of the Religious Freedom Project at the Berkley Center for Religion, Peace and World Affairs, and visiting assistant professor in the government department of Georgetown University.
He specializes in the relationship between religion and political freedom in theory, history and contemporary practice.
He is co-author of “God’s Century: Resurgent Religion and Global Politics.”
The lecture is free, open to the public and does not require advance registration. A question and answer session will follow the lecture.
For more information, call 303-715-3123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the full 2011-2012 Archbishop's annual Lecture Series, visit http://www.archden.org/index.cfm/ID/5098/.