MENU BY TOPICS
Upcoming Events for Catholics in Colorado
Instructions: How to use this calendar:
- Events are sorted by date, most recent first. To sort by ministry, click here.
- Click on the -category tag next event title to see all events related to that specific ministry or topic.
- Events listed under particular archdiocesan offices does not necessarily imply that office's sponsorship or endorsement
- To submit an event, see our event submission procedure [click here]
- To submit a correction, email email@example.com.
Back to all Calendar Events
Archbishop's Lecture Series: Author-scholar Francis Beckwith
Location: Bonfils Hall, John Paul II Center, 1300 S. Steele St., Denver, CO 80210
Despite the departure of Archbishop Chaput, the traditional Archbishop's Lecture Series will continue.
This year's series begins with philosopher and scholar Francis J. Beckwith with a talk titled: “Socrates and The New York Times: Religion in the Public Square.”
The lecture will address recent media coverage of the religious beliefs of presidential candidates in publications such as The New Yorker (“Leap of Faith,” Aug. 15) and The New York Times Magazine (“Asking Candidates Tougher Questions About Faith,” Aug. 25).
All lectures begin at 7 p.m. in Bonfils Hall on the John Paul II Center campus at 1300 Steele St. in Denver.
The lectures are free, open to the public and do not require advance registration. Each talk will feature a question and answer segment after the formal presentation.
To read more about this upcoming lecture, see Page 2 of the Sept. 7, 2011 edition of the Denver Catholic Register or click here for the online edition.
To learn more about the full 2011-2012 Archbishop's annual Lecture Series, visit http://www.archden.org/index.cfm/ID/5098/.
For more information or for questions, contact the Office of Communications at 303-715-3123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.