MENU BY TOPICS
Upcoming Events for Catholics in Colorado
Instructions: How to use this calendar:
- Events are sorted by date, most recent first. To sort by ministry, click here.
- Click on the -category tag next event title to see all events related to that specific ministry or topic.
- Events listed under particular archdiocesan offices does not necessarily imply that office's sponsorship or endorsement
- To submit an event, see our event submission procedure [click here]
- To submit a correction, email email@example.com.
Back to all Calendar Events
Volunteer Training for Universal Education Supporters
Location: St. James Church, 1311 Oneida St., Denver
A local nonprofit is offering area Catholics the opportunity to support Denver’s seminaries by volunteering their labor during ball games, concerts and other entertainment events.
For 20 years, families have raised money for Catholic school tuition through Universal Education Supporters by volunteering at concession stands at Coors Field, Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Pepsi Center, Dick’s Sporting Goods Park and Comfort Dental Amphitheater. New this year, their share can be donated to St. John Vianney Theological Seminary or Redemptoris Mater Archdiocesan Missionary Seminary.
In addition to the two seminaries, UES supports all Catholic schools from preschool through college—the program is not limited to Archdiocese of Denver schools.
UES is in the process of recruiting people to work at Coors Field during Colorado Rockies baseball games this season. Anyone 16 or older can sign up. The concessionaires then donate the money earned to UES—who in turn donates each volunteer’s share to the entity of their choice, at the end of the season.
A meeting for new members will be held 6 p.m. May 10 in the parish hall of St. James Church at 1311 Oneida St. in Denver.
For more information, visit www.uesdenver.org or call 720-273-8660.