MENU BY TOPICS
Upcoming Events for Catholics in Colorado
Instructions: How to use this calendar:
- Events are sorted by date, most recent first. To sort by ministry, click here.
- Click on the -category tag next event title to see all events related to that specific ministry or topic.
- Events listed under particular archdiocesan offices does not necessarily imply that office's sponsorship or endorsement
- To submit an event, see our event submission procedure [click here]
- To submit a correction, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to all Calendar Events
Abortion: The Legal Issue
Location: University of Colorado Boulder Old Main Chapel, 1202 University Ave. Boulder, CO 80302
Time: 1:30pm - 3:00pm
The moral and legal issues of abortion are distinct though related. Should abortion be illegal? Would making abortion illegal violate the rights of women? Does the legalization of abortion violate the dignity of unborn human beings? Do the major Supreme Court cases on abortion square with reasonable interpretation of the Constitution? How should Catholics make the legal and Constitutional cases on this crucial debate, and do Christians have a special responsibility on this issue?
The Aquinas Institute for Catholic Thought (AICT) will be hosting their second academic lecture of the Spring semester on February 29th at 1:30pm on the University of Colorado, Boulder campus in the Old Main Chapel. Join Dr. Patrick Lee, Chair and Director of the Institute of Bioethics at Franciscan University, as he discusses the legal issues surrounding abortion. All are welcome to this free event.