Radio-A-Thon to support Samaritan House
Every year, Tom Manoogian, better known as ESPN Radio’s “Lou from Littleton,” reserves a full day to broadcast live from Catholic Charities’ Samaritan House Homeless Shelter.
This year’s Radio-A-Thon will air from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. today, Dec. 19.
Included among this year’s distinguished radio guests will be Radio Disney and Denver Nuggets’ great Bill Hanzlik.
Lou will also take a special peek into life at Samaritan House by interviewing several of the shelter’s current staff and residents.
All are invited to participate: Lou will invite listeners to call in and chat throughout the day.
Listen live on 105.5-FM and 102.3-FM or online at www.ESPNDenver.com.
A variety of collectible sports memorabilia will available for bid via an online auction, which can be previewed at www.espndenver.com.
All funds raised during this year’s Lou from Littleton Radio-A-Thon will help to feed, shelter and clothe the homeless men, women and children living at Samaritan House. On any given night, Samaritan House can shelter more than 100 people. In addition, the shelter is open every day, and continually operates at full capacity. It takes $8,700 a day to run Samaritan House.
To learn more about Samaritan House, visit www.ccdenver.org/samaritanhouse.
Call in or stop by
Staff and volunteers will be available on-site and over the phone to accept donations. To make a donation by phone, call 303-996-6087. To make a donation in person, drop off your donation at Samaritan House, located at 2301 Lawrence St. in downtown Denver.
Questions? Call 303-742-0828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Programs of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver
• Adoption services
• Pregnancy counseling
• Foster care
• Denver Senior Services
• Mulroy Senior Center, Denver
• Kinship care for families raising relatives’ children
• Home-based counseling
• Head Start and Early Learning Centers
• Samaritan House homeless shelter, Denver
• St. Joseph’s Home for Veterans, Denver
• Father Ed Judy House for homeless women and children, Denver
• Immigration services
• St. Veronica Outreach Ministry utility and rent assistance
• Regina Caeli Clinical Services
• Lighthouse Women’s Center, Denver
• Larimer Emergency Assistance
• Mission Shelter, Fort Collins
• Hospitality Kitchen, at the Mission in Fort Collins
• Larimer Senior Services
• Weld Emergency Assistance
• Guadalupe Community Center shelter, Greeley
• Weld Senior Services
• Weld Family Preservation
• Weld Champions Program
• Weld Victim Assistance
• Western Slope Transitional Housing
• Western Slope Community
• Western Slope Emergency Assistance