QUIZ: 'Nun of the Above'
By Peter Westhoff
A quiz on the holy angels
At the end of this true or false review quiz, the numbers of the questions that are true will be listed. Then the reason the false ones are false will be given.
At the end of September and beginning of October we celebrate the holy angels. Our questions this week are about the archangels we know by name and guardian angels.
1. Which of these is not a choir of angels?
2. In which Epistle do we find mention of St. Michael the Archangel?
A. I Corinthians
C. St. Jude
D. II John
3. In what other New Testament book do we find St. Michael?
A. Acts of the Apostles
B. Gospel of Luke
C. Gospel of Matthew
4. Archangel Raphael is found in only this one book of the Bible where he plays a prominent role:
5. Archangel Raphael came to help a young man do this:
A. buy land
B. climb Mount Sinai
C. shear a flock of sheep
D. find a wife
6. Archangel Gabriel appears in this Old Testament book in which we also find St. Michael:
7. What saint would often have a big dog that he named Grigio appear when he was in danger and disappear when the danger had passed? Many take Grigio to be a manifestation of the saint’s guardian angel.
A. St. John Bosco
B. St. Francis of Assisi
C. St. Brendan
D. St. Odo
8. Guardian angels aid us in three principle ways: they pray for us, protect us and:
A. chastise us
B. inspire us
C. listen to us
D. shadow us
ANSWERS: 1. D, 2. C, 3. D, 4. E (the Book of Tobit), 5. D, 6. D, 7. A, 8. B