QUIZ: 'Nun of the Above'
By Peter Westhoff
Whaddya know? A review quiz for July and August
At the end of this true or false review quiz, the numbers of the questions that are true will be listed. Then the reason the false ones are false will be given.
Today we review material from the last five quizzes.
1. True or False? The Spanish Reconquista took 700 years to complete.
2. True or False? Murillo built the basilica/monastery at El Escorial.
3. True or False? The Valle de los Caidos was built to honor those who died in the Spanish Civil War.
4. True or False? Pelicans return each year to the Mission of San Juan de Capistrano on the feast of St. Joseph.
5. True or False? Jacob, in a dream, saw angels ascending and descending a ladder.
6. True or False? Claudia was the wife of Pilate.
7. True or False? Jesus was ridiculed for saying that Jarius’ daughter was not dead, only sleeping.
8. True or False? St. Luke tells us of the three dreams of St. Joseph.
9. True or False? Pope St. Pius X authored the Memorare.
10. True or False? In the book of Revelation, Mary wears a crown of 12 stars.
11. True or False? St. Peter Claver was the first canonized saint of the Western Hemisphere.
12. True or False? St. Augustine and St. Ambrose are two of the four Great Western Fathers.
13. True or False? The three birthdays of people that we celebrate in the Church are those of Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
14. True or False? “Stabat Mater” means “standing Mother.”
15. True or False? The Flight into Egypt is one of Mary’s Seven Sorrows.
16. True or False? Three of Mary’s Sorrows occur before Christ’s Hidden Life.
17. True or False? Mother Cabrini was the first American-born saint.
18. True or False? “Theology” means “love of wisdom.”
19. True or False? “Thou shalt not steal” is a doctrine of morals.
20. True or False? The magisterium is the teaching authority of the Church.
True: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20
FALSE: 2. Murillo was a painter; Philip II had the monastery/basilica built; 4. It is swallows that return to Capistrano; 8. Matthew records Joseph’s three dreams; 9. St. Bernard wrote the Memorare; 11. St. Rose of Lima was the first; 13. Jesus, Mary and St. John the Baptist; 17. Mother Seton, not Mother Cabrini; 18. This is philosophy’s meaning.