Our goal is to establish a prolife representative for each parish, willing to understand current issues and bring them, through appropriate venues, to the forefront of their local parish community.
We also seek to create “vicariate respect life teams” to foster greater involvement and cooperation with parish representatives for information disbursal and event planning.
- Encouragement of annual liturgies: During October (Respect Life month), Mother’s and Father’s Day, Mass of Remembrance on or near the January 22nd Roe vs. Wade decision, etc.
- Use prolife petitions and bulletin inserts supplied by the USCCB. The pastoral plan for prolife activities states, “Parishes should include in the petitions and every Mass a prayer that ours will become a nation that respects life and protects all human life, born and unborn, reflecting a true culture of life.” These petitions are provided for via this link to be downloaded and included in the Prayers of the Faithful during weekend liturgies.
- Promote “Intercessors for Life” - requesting daily rosaries, weekly Masses, adoration before the Blessed Sacrament and a monthly or weekly fast for Restoration of the Culture of Life. Prayer is the foundation for all respect life efforts. Without it's foundation of prayer, prolife work will not be as effective.
- Direct those wounded by abortion to Project Rachel, supplied through Denver Catholic Charities.
- Encourage physicians within your parishes to become active members of the local Catholic Medical Association.