|Archbishops Lecture Series|
|Social Media Networks|
|TV Mass for Shut-Ins|
E-Newsletters: "Parish Link" & "Archden Spotlight"
- What is "Parish Link?"
- What is "Archden Spotlight?"
- Who manages these emails?
- How do you decide what to include in each e-newsletter?
- How do I submit an event/announcement for consideration?
- Why are you sending me these alerts?
- How do I sign up?
- Remove me from this list
- How do these emails compare to the bi-monthly Priests Report that our pastor receives in the mail?
- I have additional questions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is "Parish Link?"
"Parish Link" is an e-newsletter sent weekly (on Tuesdays) to one or more representatives of every parish located within the Archdiocese of Denver. Parish Link subscribers may be priests, bulletin editors and/or another parish office staff member.
"Parish Link" serves multiple purposes:
- To alert parishes of events & news happening beyond their parish community
- To provide parishes with ready-to-publish bulletin announcements so that they can, in turn, alert their parishioners of news, events and initiatives that are of importance or interest to their lives as Catholics.
- To provide parishes with both evangelical and administrative tools meant to assist them in their ministries to their parish community
- To alert parishes of important meetings, training or other administrative updates relevant to their office’s programs and operations.
- To connect the parishes with various archdiocesan offices, particularly the Denver Catholic Register, the Office of Marriage & Family Life, the Office of Evangelization and Catechesis, all of which have partnering staff working at the parish level.
What is "Archden Spotlight?"
Our "Archden Spotlight" e-newsletter is a slightly-revised version of our "Parish Link" e-newsletter (see above for description). "Archden Spotlight" is sent to our Communications Network, consisting of various Catholics who have requested to receive alerts of upcoming events and breaking news in the Archdiocese of Denver. It is also sent to representatives of the various Catholic organizations, secular and third orders, charisms, ministries and movements throughout northern Colorado.
"Archden Spotlight" serves multiple purposes:
- To alert local Catholics of events & news happening in and beyond their parish community
- To alert parishioners of news, events, initiatives and reflections that are of importance or interest to their lives as Catholics.
- To connect local Catholics with the ministries led by our various archdiocesan offices.
Who manages these emails?
All emails and alerts are provided by the Office of Communications for the Archdiocese of Denver. Our contact information is Nissa.LaPoint@archden.org or 303-715-3138. If you would like to add, change or delete the representative currently receiving Parish Link, please email us at Nissa.LaPoint@archden.org.
How do you decide what to include in these alerts?
In an effort to keep the e-mail newsletters brief and easy to skim, we limit listings to any news or events that are archdiocesan in nature, that take place within the territory of the Archdiocese of Denver, or neighboring dioceses, and that appeal to the general, Catholic community.
In addition, we highlight additional, upcoming events on the Archdiocese of Denver's Online Master Calendar at www.archden.org/events.
For more information on how to submit, click here.
Why are you sending me these alerts?
We want our parishes and parishioners to know about the many important events and initiatives happening at neighboring parishes and especially, at the archdiocesan level.
We also seek to empower your local parish staff and communities with important messages from Catholic leadership, whether it be the Archbishop and Auxiliary Bishop of Denver, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops in Washington, D.C., or the Vatican in Rome!
How do I sign up?
Click here or email Nissa.LaPoint@archden.org. Please be sure to specify if you prefer to receive "Parish Link" [primarily for pastors, clergy and parish staff] or "Archden Spotlight" [best for laymen and women, organization representatives and all other interested parties]
How do these emails compare to the bi-monthly Priests Report that our pastor receives in the mail?
The contents of our Parish Link e-newsletter completely separate from the bi-monthly Priests Report that is sent to archdiocesan clergy from the Vicar General's office.
While there may sometimes be an information overlap between what is included in our Parish Link e-newsletter, and what is included in the bi-monthly Priest Report, we find that email communication is a more efficient and effective way of alerting our parishes of the top news of the week.
I have additional questions.
Great! Please send them to us at Nissa.LaPoint@archden.org. We’ll do our best to respond in a timely manner!