|Archbishops Lecture Series|
|Social Media Networks|
|TV Mass for Shut-Ins|
How to promote your Catholic event/initiative
How can we help you spread the GOOD NEWS about your event or initiative?
The Office of Communications for the Archdiocese of Denver helps local Catholic parishes, organizations and our fellow archdiocesan ministries to promote their religious events and initiatives.
All submissions which adhere to the guidelines provided below will be considered for promotion online and in print, using various media managed by the Office of Communications. These media include but are not limited to:
- Denver Catholic Register newspaper stories or editorials
- Denver Catholic Register's Bulletin Board (printed each week on the last page of the newspaper)
- El Pueblo Catolico newspaper - Spanish stories or editorials
- Advertisements in both newspapers: Denver Catholic Register and El Pueblo Catolico
- Website Calendar at www.archden.org/events
- Our weekly email newsletters: "Parish Link" and "Archden Spotlight" [to learn more, click here]
Submission Policies and Guidelines
- Catholic events or groups receive priority; events submitted by organizations who do not conform to official Roman Catholic dogma or teaching will not be accepted;
- Submitted items will be considered for all available media efforts (print, web and public relations);
- In light of space limitations, there is no guarantee that submitted items will be published in the newspapers;
- In light of space limitations, submitted items cannot be expected to be published in the newspapers more than once;
- Items submitted by mail must be typed or neatly printed (flyers are acceptable);
- Please use proper capitalization (do not use all caps), punctuation and grammar;
- If applicable, give special indication to events of highest priority;
- Items must be received at least 10 days prior to desired print publication; submissions should be made as far ahead of the event date as possible;
- Submissions will not be received over the phone;
- Submissions via email are preferred (see instructions below);
- Submissions may also be received via mail or fax; again, email is preferred (no telephone calls, please);
How to Submit an Event/Initiative:
Submissions by email are strongly preferred:
Email "To" line: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email "CC" line: Editor@archden.org, email@example.com, Bulletin.Board@archden.org, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject line: "Events for [your office/organization/parish name]"
Attachment (optional): Flyers in PDF format are preferred; no spaces in file name.
Each submission should include the following information.
You may submit more than one event at the same time.
Day(s), date(s) (e.g., Thursday, Jan. 1, 2011)
Time period (e.g., 7:00pm – 8:30pm)
Location (include complete address): room, building name, street address, city, zip code
Registration Deadline: (if applicable)
Cost: (if applicable)
Attachments: (optional; must be submitted as clean and legible flyer; PDFs preferred; prefer no spaces in file name)
Brief description, to include:
Type or write legibly, in complete sentences.
Use proper capitalization [do not use "all caps"]
Use proper punctuation
Why should they come?
Who is invited?
What is happening during event?
Contact, to include:
For more information, please visit our website at ______, or contact [name/office] at [phone number] or by email at [address].
You may also submit events by fax or by mail, but email submissions are strongly preferred:
Office of Communications
1300 S. Steele St.
Denver, CO 80210
Fax: (303) 715-2045