The Director of Consecrated Life acts as a liaison between the Archdiocese of Denver and various religious organizations, including religious institutes, consecrated virgins, secular institutes, and associations of the faithful.
Director of the Office of Consecrated Life
Sister Sharon Ford, R.S.M.
Through programs of education and collaboration, the Director of Consecrated Life seeks to promote vocations to institutes of consecrated life and to assist those who are consecrated virgins in the spiritual life and service to the Church. The Director of the Office of Consecrated Life has the following responsibilities:
- Serve as liaison between the Archbishop of Denver and various religious organizations, including religious institutes, secular institutes, and associations of the faithful.
- Provide programs of education and collaboration that promote vocations
- Serve as the Archdiocese of Denver's liaison with the Rocky Mountain Vocation Council and Denver's Serra Clubs.
- Provide assistance in coordinating the annual appeal for the retired religious fund.
- Organize the yearly celebration of jubilees of religious serving in the archdiocese.
- Act as consultant for the religious stipend or benefits for ministry within the archdiocese
- Facilitate the accommodation of religious institutes new to the archdiocese.
Accept various appointments by the Archbishop of Denver to assist communities in special circumstances