The Office of Catholic Schools at the Archdiocese of Denver accepts principal, assistant principal and teacher applications year-round.
The Archdiocese of Denver Catholic Schools system is now accepting applications for principal openings for the 2014-15 school year. We DO NOT post specific schools' principal openings on our website, but we do post information on specific principal openings at www.ncea.org. If you are interested in applying for a principal position, please submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Archdiocese of Denver, Office of Catholic Schools
Attention: Superintendent Richard Thompson
1300 South Steele St.
Denver, CO 80210
A principal application packet will be mailed to you for completion and submission as part of the interview process.
Principal candidates must:
- Be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church.
- Have a strong commitment to the importance of Catholic school ministry in the church.
- Possess a Master's Degree with a minimum of 20 graduate hours in supervision, curriculum, instruction, or other related fields.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years teaching or administrative experience in Catholic schools.
Hold a current, valid administrator's license certificate or be able to be certified by the State of Colorado as a principal.
Principal applications will be kept on file at the Office of Catholic Schools for two (2) years.
Teacher Openings - Full-time, Part-time and Substitute
The Office of Catholic Schools acts as a clearinghouse for qualified persons applying for elementary and secondary teaching positions. This office neither conducts interviews nor determines employment, as this is the responsibility of the principal. Applications are accepted year-round and are kept on file for two (2) years.
Teacher applicant files are reviewed by principals at the Office of Catholic Schools as part of the screening process. The principal will then schedule interviews. We DO NOT post teacher openings on our website. Archdiocese of Denver Catholic Schools work with the Office of Catholic Schools to fill their open positions from candidates on the teacher database.
To complete the teacher application process, please file the following items with the Office of Catholic Schools:
- Completed Teacher Application (PDF)
- Official transcript(s)
- Three (3) current letters of recommendation
- Out of State applications must also include information regarding availability for interviews and estimated date of arrival for residence in Denver.
- $ 5.00 application fee
- Substitute Teaching: must attend a Safe Environment Training Session and send your attendance confirmation with your application before you will be allowed to substitute in any of our schools. Please visit the Child and Youth Protection webpage for a list of sessions offered through our parishes.
- Full or Part-time Teaching: required to attend a Safe Environment Training Session upon employment. If hired, you would attend the "New Teacher Orientation and Safe Environment Training" sessions conducted in August for new teachers.
All teacher applicants - once your application is on file with the Office of Catholic Schools, you may contact the schools to let them know you are interested in teaching at a Catholic school.
All applicants must possess a current Colorado Teacher Certificate or qualify for Colorado Certification. Principal applications will be kept on file at the Office of Catholic Schools for two (2) years. Address all application information and inquires to:
Archdiocese of Denver Office of Catholic Schools
1300 South Steele Street
Denver, CO 80210
In employment practices, the Archdiocese of Denver Catholic Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, unfavorable military discharge, marital status, mental or physical handicap when these are unrelated to ability to perform duties of the position. This policy is interpreted consistently with the religious mission and teachings of the Catholic Church.