Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Communications is vital to the Church today! Catholic media – newspapers, website, TV, radio, video, and podcasts – educate, inspire, inform and entertain in light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Catholic media help the Church to be a light in this world.
Producing Catholic media can be costly but we believe it is an essential part of the Church’s mission. That’s why the United States bishops have started the national Catholic Communication Campaign (CCC).
Here’s how we currently use CCC donations:
- To print our newspapers, The Denver Catholic Register and El Pueblo Católico
- To maintain the Archdiocese of Denver website, with the latest news, events, and resources
- To minister to the elderly and homebound through our Televised Mass, and
- To hold lectures and seminars that inform and catechize the public. Recall our latest lecture on the Da Vinci Code!
With continued funding, we hope to expand our ministry by:
- Purchasing audio recording equipment to ensure online availability of lectures, conferences, and presentations,
- Adding to our website features such as podcasting, video streaming, online registration for events, and even online donation capability, and
- Publicizing our faith by purchasing advertising spots in local media
I humbly ask each of you to take this campaign to prayer.
Please consider making a donation. Encourage others to do the same! With your help, the CCC will continue to proclaim the Good News each and every day. As your local Office of Communications, we promise to do our part in this proclamation, announcing the message of Christ and His Church to you in every way that we can.
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Jeanette R. De Melo
Director of Communications
Archdiocese of Denver